So, I looked out my scraps of fabric, a few herbal tea bags and came up with a simple and (I think) cute fix!
I used Peppermint Tea Bags at the request of my husband who did not want his T-Shirts coming out a) flowery b) fruity or c) perfumy....
In truth, once the tea bags are snug and safe in their little sleeping bags, the smell is not too strong. I think I'll be going in search for a new set of tea bags for some of my personal drawers.... pick your favouite scent and have some fun!
I decided at this point to go ahead and stictch the bag up as I couldn't put my hand on my buttons or safety pins. I think it would be more practical to create a button hole at the top with a fold-over, so that you could switch the tea bags out when the scent starts to fade.... otherwise, you're either unpicking stitches or starting all over again from scratch! However, like I said, I went ahead and finsihed a seam all the way round so that the tea bag is fully contained and the pouches can be knocked around in the drawer without any disasterous spills!
Tada! Stitch them however you like.. and lets face it, it needn't be perfect... notice how uneven my stitches are! I guess my saving grace is that noone will be hoking through my dresser :)